Wings of Rogallo Fly-in, Saturday July 27 at Ed Levin

Everything about events and competitions, past or upcoming. Announcements, tips on competition flying, comp reviews, etc.
WOR Prez
Antispam - Select the middle number: 3
Antispammer - Date: 07 Sep 2013
antispammersel: No
I Hate Spam: No
Why I want to join WOR Board: I'm the president and would like to be able to post, please

Wings of Rogallo Fly-in, Saturday July 27 at Ed Levin

Postby WOR Prez » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:52 pm

Well, it's about time for our club to hold a fly-in.

Brian Foster and Chris Valley have had the honors the last few years with speed gliding, since no one smart would endeavor to run the same event so successfully,
We bring you... Slooowww gliding.

Since it historically blows over the back on the 1,750' when we set a date to have a fly-in at Ed Levin, we'll just plan to fly the bunny hill.
How many of you have heard of a bunny hill fly-in?

We can have paraglider pilots on hang gliders, hang glider pilots on paragliders, old veterans on 330 Condors, imagine the fun!
Bring friends and family and we'll get them out in the field kiting and float and towing, bring your own equipment and do a little brush-up.

We'll have lots of Instructors, lots of 30 day memberships, lots of BBQ, lots of fun. We just need you to bring some sunscreen, something to drink,
and a couple friends, family, or a coworker that might like to hook into an aircraft and run around with it.

We have several hang gliding and paragliding instructors lined up to let you kite and fly easy training equipment.
The Instructors that have volunteered their time and/or equipment:
Karl Allmendinger
Robert Booth
Eric Hinrichs
Mike Jefferson
Arturo Melean
Jesse Meyer

There should be plenty of entertainment, and if by some miracle it blows up the hill at Ed Levin (nice 1 hour flight the other day Rick D!,) we'll throw together
a spot landing contest or something 8-)
If you haven't been there in a little while, you can come out and see what it's like to fly in the crater of a volcano :D
Please reply to this thread if you plan to attend, and also how many new pilots you'll be bringing.

Saturday July 27 2013 starting at 8am at Ed Levin Park
Last edited by WOR Prez on Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Big Guy
Antispammer - Date: 12 Nov 2009
Why I want to join WOR Board: So I can post to my flying friends on the message board.

Re: Wings of Rogallo Fly-in, Saturday July 27 at Ed Levin

Postby The Big Guy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Hi Guys:

I have question for those who are responsible: Why is it you are holding the fly in at a cow pasture. When you have a great Mtn. site that you could hold the Fly-in at? Diablo is perfect for a fly-in. You can hold x-c contests. If spot landing is what you want to hold put your spot in the Juniper L-Z. Think about it. A pilot could compete in the spot landing competition, by doing so they will land at the Juniper L-Z. Theb they could simply walk their glider out to launch, re-launch and now be competing in the X-C competition competition.

The Mountain could be perfect for a Fly-in. Pilots could fly, land and hangout, then go fly some more. The scenario that I describe would be so much fun for those who come out to watch. They could be right there hanging out at the Juniper ridge Launch / L-Z They could talk to Pilots after they landed at the spot. Then They could socialize some with Pilots while they were on the ground.

I have no idea who will read this reply. But whoever it is: I say to you: Fix this, move the location of the Fly-in. I say Step it up. The Mountain has the 2nd best panoramic view on the Planet. The Mountain is second only to Kilimanjaro as far as a view goes. This is a great thing to consider when one is choosing sites.

Come on guys now is time to make a move, please take action, ans move up.

Good By The Big Guy CCMCK@GOLDSTATE.NET . . . . .925-497-1059

Eric H

Postby Eric H » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm

Chris, why don't you come out, you'll see the transformation into a volcano crater,
with the burnt cowpies being the lava rocks ;)

Seriously, we're having a club picnic at the park because it's inclusive to all, H0s to HVs.
Diablo is a great site for H4s and 5s, but should everyone else just get to watch?

Besides, I think the Mountain is the best place for your fly-in, will you be doing it there next year?
Would love to see you there on Sat, I suspect you'll have fun.

Eric

The Big Guy
Antispammer - Date: 12 Nov 2009
Why I want to join WOR Board: So I can post to my flying friends on the message board.

Postby The Big Guy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Hello Eric, and everyone else:

I think that I will hold my fly-in again at Lake McClure. This mountain we have here. The fellows we pay to work for us hate us. I held this years Big Guy Fly-in at McClure, it was a gas. WE had a great time. Eric get this at McClure the locals "like Us" at McClure.

You should plan on coming next year. I am planning on holding a few competitions where you will need to have a seriously strong flying ability to be able to place in, yea baby.

Ok, this is it, good By: The BIG Guy

Return to “Events & Competitions”